The world has been fighting with COVID’19 for the past few months, keeping loved ones away from each other. We are eagerly waiting for a vaccine, but that will take a while to come about. Therefore, all of us are searching for a way of staying healthy and beating the virus until then. Research shows that the best way of staying protected is by building immunity.
What if we tell you that all you have to do to stay protected is walk into your kitchen and open your spice box? There, you’ll find some heroes that can boost your immunity. Those are our spices.
Our Ayurveda has given us several ways of using our spices for the medicinal purpose; some of the best examples are as follows:
- Turmeric- This spice has got many medicinal properties and is widely used in Indian medicines as well. The curcumin –element found inside turmeric is a powerful anti-inflammatory and a powerful antioxidant which helps in relieving arthritis-related symptoms.
Curcumin also plays a vital role in fighting against auto-immune induced diseases and helps delay the ageing of cells. Another way of using turmeric as medicine is adding it in lukewarm milk and drinking it.
Turmeric milk fastens the recovery from an injury, and it can help you attend good sleep, turmeric milk is beneficial in treating joint and bone issues. It also helps with fighting skin infections, disorders and allergies.
- Cloves- Cloves prove to be a rich source of manganese and also have strong anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties. The oil inside clove is rich in Eugenol, which helps in fighting infections and also helps in suppressing pain.
Clove is known for having anti-fungal properties that help in clearing off the infection faster. Cloves are also known as an immunity booster and are also known for helping in fight cold and cough.
- Black Pepper- Also known as ‘king of spices,’ Black Pepper is not only used as a seasoning but also has many benefits that improve health and immunity. Rich in vitamins and minerals such as magnesium, vitamin K, iron and vitamin C, black pepper turns to be an effective antibiotic and works excellent against tonsillitis.
Black pepper is also high in piperine which helps in better bowel movements and also helps prevent digestive and excretory system infections.
- Cardamom- If Black Pepper is the King, then Cardamom is definitely the ‘Queen of Spices.’ The spice has an infinite number of health benefits.
Cardamom is one of the best cures for urinary tract infections. It is rich in manganese and other nutrients that help prevent heart diseases and improve the body’s blood circulation.
- Asafoetida- Commonly known as ‘Hing’ in India, the spice is native to Afghanistan. One chief use of hing is in tadka or various other Indian dishes, especially dal.
This spice has numerous health benefits starting right from improving digestion to preventing and treating acne. Not only this, but asafoetida has also proven to restrict the growth of harmful viruses in the body.
Hing is also a very effective remedy for dry cough or even for bronchitis. Prepare a paste by grinding asafoetida in water. Apply this on your chest to get relief from any cough.
Now that you have known the various medicinal benefits these spices have, stay protected by getting them from Ramagya fresh. We assure you of the goodness of purity and hygiene.